Some time ago when the freshman 15 hit me, I started to really care about what I was putting in my body. I began reading labels and trying to put natural and real foods in my body. As I started to care more about what I was putting in my body, I also took into consideration what I was putting ON my body. After all, your skin is your largest organ!
Ever since, I have been focused on buying natural products. It’s become something I really am passionate about. One of my favorite places to find the best natural beauty products is LEMON LAINE in Nashville (just check out their INSTA FEED… goals)! The aesthetics of the store itself are enough for you to want to go in and snap a picture. I love that even though they only stock natural products, they don’t compromise the chic branding. I still want my products to look chic as hell on my shelf, but still be non-toxic. I want the best of both worlds, and this store does the work for you! If you are near Nashville or plan on making a trip- you need to swing by.
Most of these products (my ultimate ride or dies) can be found at Lemon Laine. I will try and find the links online if they are available!
MY 5 RIDE OR DIE GREEN BEAUTY PRODUCTS:
- DEDCOOL NON-TOXIC PERFUME: When I started read about how terrible perfume was for you, I was skeptical about finding a natural “perfume” that wouldn’t smell like I just went frolicking through a forrest. That’s fine and all if thats what you are going for- but for me, I wanted a perfume that was still girly and that Brennan didn’t cringe at. We had sprayed TONS of natural perfumes and none of them did it for me, until I found this line! I am obsessed with the scent Since, I also found another brand I love (My Daughter’s Fragrance)! I like their scent BLOOM 23. It’s a clean floral scent that is perfect for everyday. If I’m really feelin’ myself I layer the two! I get SO many compliments on these fragrances and people are shocked when I tell them that they are non-toxic. Now that’s what I call success!
Perfume is insanely toxic and terrible for you! Just to name a few… it can disrupt hormone function, can trigger allergies and asthma, and has been associated with cancer and neurotoxicity! No, thank you! Oh, and it can reduce sperm counts in men and cause reproductive defects to the fetus when the mom is exposed during pregnancy. Again, no thank you! Once I found this out, I immediately switched out Brennan’s Cologne too, and he actually likes it! Win! Check out this ARTICLE for some more info on why to avoid toxic perfume and cologne.
2. BOTNIA DAILY FACE CREAM: Let’s get right to the point… I have tried around 15-20 natural moisturizers over the past few years and this one is my all time favorite. To the point where when it’s running low I kind of panic and have to make a quick trip to Nashville to stock up. I use it morning and night and also as a primer under my makeup. All I can say is that it’s a dream…
3. SUMMER FRIDAYS JET LAG MASK: I love supporting young entrepreneurs. It’s just something that kind of hits home. When I found out one of my favorite bloggers, Marianna Hewitt, was starting an Indie beauty brand, Summer Fridays, I could not have been more excited! Naturally, I ordered the product and fell in love with it! I use it every night as an under eye cream and once every few days as a full face mask. It’s not one you have to wash off. Think of it as a huge glass of water for your face- super hydrating and non-toxic!
4. INDIE LEE BLEMISH LOTION: A natural drying lotion, made to zap your blemishes. I use this whenever I get a blemish and it totally speeds up the healing process! We all want flawless skin, so when a huge blemish pops up on your face, we want it gone immediately. This lotion is just what you need! All you need to do is take a q-tip, dip it in to the bottom of the little glass jar and put a dot directly on the blemish. I do it at night right before I head to bed. I also use their BRIGHTENING FACE CLEANSER every morning and night.
5. MILKY WAVES HAIR MIST: To be quite honest, natural hair products were the hardest for me to switch to. I have thinner hair that can look “stringy” or greasy when I use the wrong products. When I found this jem, I could not have been more excited. It gives your hair a beachy/peicey look, without looking greasy. The ingredients are clean, and it makes your hair smell so good! I spray it on towel dried hair (the middle to the ends of my hair only!) right before I am going to blow dry it. If I am going to curl my hair, I will also spray a little after all of my hair is curled to give it a more beachy look!
Another great resource and online shop for green beauty is CREDO. It has a wide variety of natural products all in one place!
Bonus: End your natural deodorant search now… I tried probably close to 20 natural deodorants and this is the only one that actually works! NATIVE DEODORANT is the best! I use the COCONUT AND VANILLA and Brennan uses the CITRUS AND HERBAL MUSK.
I would love to know if you make an effort to use natural products or want to start using green beauty products! If you have a ride or die, let me know in the comments! I am always looking for new products to try!